2014年2月14日 星期五

police



      I guess everything is pretty much decided when they are standing at the stopped elevator and didn't give a way for me to pass by.

      Instead, the two girls talks in Finnish straightly to me and repeated in English to say that they missed their coach and their money is stolen, but they need to go back to Tampere. They explained what happened in broken English about one boy and a lady with luggage case who took their money away. They promised to pay me back once they get home in 3 hours. I decided to help them because

1) I considered it as an emergency

2) I was too stupid and kind to believe the possibility that this is an emergency

      I tried to take precaution, asking for their contact information and ID, but I have been too nervous that I get only two names, a phone number and a address. They said that they don't want to ask for help from the police because they will be recorded as having "social problem". They did look to have social problem, but that doesn't have so much to do with the reason I chose to help them, and whenever I help people I help them out...

      So I give them the ticket money they needed, buy them food in the supermarket because they said that they haven't been eating for a whole day.

      I was judging the situation all the time, there were several times when I want to get my money back and leave them alone, but I guess changing the decision make be even more difficult than making one.

      There was no hope left until I heard that my roommate and my friend have also met people asking them for ticket money, and I found that the address wasn't in a valid form.

      I slept with the thought that I should have notice that earlier and trust the decision of other Finnish who rejected helping them.
     
      And this morning I checked my account, which has no incoming transfer, went straight to the police station and made a record.

      This sounds ridiculous and inevitable at the same time, but I think it's just another expansive lesson, so I'll try to get over this and move on to Valentine's day, Local AIESEC Seminar and everything else!

4 則留言:

  1. Take care, my love! Everything will be just fine~
    Sometimes we are nice and kind to the world we live in, but the world doesn't reply to us with its kindest touch.
    But that doesn't mean we should turn away from the world, or slam the door and shut down (yeah...Frozen reference XD) other people (I know you probably won't, with your warm, big heart! but I feel obliged to remind you anyway :)).
    When I first arrived in India, I got no idea how I was supposed to get to my apartment. Then a kind couple of mother and daughter saw my anxiety and volunteered their help to take a taxi with me and bring me there. With their help, I arrived safely in time.
    Not only do I appreciated their help, but their intellect to protect themselves. Before we booked a taxi, we made a deal to split the fee, which is such a nice way to prevent yourself from being cheated for helping strangers out.
    What I was trying to point out in this wordiness is that sometimes people are really in need of help, and sometimes they are just playing evil instead. But no matter how, we could still open our mind to help, with enough precaution (especially when it comes to money), even though they are total strangers.
    In my view, this experience is just another lesson for anyone who loves travel and believes in the good of the world (I know you must be this kind, for you proved it clearly in our debate in the English club we used to have back here. You are the angel and I am all grumpy and bitter to believe no beauty in mankind at all XD). However, nothing, even this, should deprive you of any little bit of trust in the world.
    Be nice to others, and they would be nice to you in the long run. This is what I learned from India.

    Hope my comment won't seem bossy or belated or even annoying to you ;)
    Just bringing some hugs here and wish you a happy lantern festival and valentine's day~~

    Best regards,
    Little Black~~from the coldest winter ever in Taipei, Taiwan

    回覆刪除
  2. I am almost crying!!
    Just worrying that I might face bankruptcy for I guess this belief and reaction of mine is helpless, well let's just hope that won't happen lol. And this is going to be all you loving people's fault to spoil me like this! I am looking for tease, sarcasm and punishment but now forgiveness seems to be the only choice. I forgave the two girls, and I will forgive myself.

    I miss every of you soooo much!!! BLACK!!!!

    回覆刪除
  3. One day older one day wiser. it does not matter how many times you have been cheated, you would still give them a hand because you believe there are no bad guys in the world. Follow your heart. Being cheated rather feeling sorry for not help them. Still, being a grown up. Love ya!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. You are right as always! I believe people do bad things but they know about right and wrong. I remember what you said :) Love you too!

      刪除

comment here :)